I'm going to combine steps 1 & 2 and just give you the map mentioned in number 2.
1) What states in the USA and what provinces in Canada have you visited or lived in?
2) Either list, or make a map of them (at the http://www.defocus.net/visitedstates/us-canada.html website) and indicate the following:
* red for states/provinces where you've not spent much time or seen very much.
* amber for states/provinces where you've at least slept and seen some sights.
* blue for states/provinces you've spent a lot of time in or seen a fair amount of.
* green for states/provinces you've spent a great deal of time in on multiple visits.
Here's the states I've been to, etc (using the scale above)
|Using the map software|
How many have you been to? I dare you...