Monday, October 9, 2017

A to Z Blogging Challenge & The letter A is for Apple!

Earlier this year, 2017, there was another challenge. I heard about it from jillballau blog and more information can be found out about it on the A-Z Blogging Challenge (which was at http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/) page itself. However, as I was testing links I found the A-Z Blogging Challenge link is no longer working *frown*

Many people had done this challenge in April, but I’m a rebel and do things when I have time, so I’ll do mine now. I’ve been working on it over many days, and was hoping to get it all done before posting BUT it’s taking me a lot longer than I expected. I’ll do a few posts now and work on the rest. I know I have about ½ of this challenge done in draft format, so not too bad.  J

What can I say – I’m an original. So, here I go…

Day 1 - The Start and The letter A

Let’s see… The letter A is for Apple!

I was born and lived in the Big Apple – or as some people know it as New York. 
Credit 
Credit


To start with, I was born at West Point Military Academy hospital at West Point, NY.

Part of my West Point birth certificate.
The story goes:
At my father’s end: He was doing night duty when I was born at 11:11pm. He was away from port and serving on the USS Robert E Lee with the call sign SSBN 601 or how the military say it he was away from Charleston, NC on a load out when the Red Cross came running up to him to tell him I was born. Soon after, the commander came down and congratulated him on another girl (I made the 4th girl and he had 1 boy).
Credit


Video above is from YouTube - see film for Credit

At my mother’s end, she was at home relaxing with the rest of the kids (I was to be the youngest). She felt the contractions come on and called my paternal grandmother who didn’t live far from them. Grandma came over in her charger and Mom got in. Along the way from Newburgh, NY to West Point, it was dark, windy and raining. To my mother, my grandmother was driving very slowly. After my grandmother dropped my mother off at the hospital, she went back to our house to watch the other kids.

After my parents divorced, I lived in many places due to my mother’s need to move every 3-5 years. By this point, my father’s retired and they have divorced. I’ve lived in places like Newburgh, Walden, Maybrook, Montgomery, Lyon Mountain, and Utica to name just a few places and sometimes multiple places within the same town.
Google Maps Used with locations I've lived/mentioned above with yellow pins
You could say I took a huge bite out of the Big Apple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment